Have you ever wanted to be a part of roller derby? Come train with us!
Join our boot camp to learn the basics of roller derby, or stop into one of our open recruitment days to see if TRG is for you. Roller derby takes determination and hard work, along with skating skills, strategies, and teamwork. We’re looking for all levels of skaters who are ready to make Tallahassee roller derby even better! If you are a woman or non-binary individual age 18+ who is willing to fall down and get back up, you can skate with us. Our boot camps are designed to teach you skating fundamentals and get you into derby form before moving on to more advanced skills (like hitting and being hit). Skilled skaters are always welcome, but being a member of our team is about what you are willing to learn, not what you already know.
Come prepared to sweat! Don’t be intimidated if you can’t skate or haven’t skated in years. We’ll have you fill out some safety paperwork, do some warm ups, and then get into more drills and skills. Feel free to ask questions and get to know the people you’re skating with. After you attend your first open enrollment session, you’ll become qualified to join our boot camp class which meets every Sunday 5:00-7:00.
- 2020 Open Enrollment Dates:
- February 9 and 16
- May dates RESCHEDULED — check back for more info!
- August 2
- Check our Facebook page for all the details!
- All boot camp sessions take place 4:30-7:00 p.m.
- Where: Tallahassee Indoor Sports, 130 Four Points Way, Tallahassee, FL
- Cost: First practice is always FREE! After that, boot camp is $5 per practice.
- Equipment: We provide skates and safety gear for you to use as you make your way through boot camp training. Make sure you bring a mouth guard and a water bottle, we can’t loan you those.
- Requirements: Open to women and non-binary folks ages 18+, no experience necessary (yes, we’ll even teach you how to skate!), bring a mouth guard and a water bottle!
Got more questions! Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook or Instagram, or email our training committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.