Interested in becoming a part of Team TRG?
New skaters: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfers or drop-ins: email@example.com
Referees (skating or non-skating officials): firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com
Volunteers: fill out our Volunteer Questionnaire
Sponsorship opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Skater
Have you ever wanted to be a part of roller derby? Come train with us!
Boot camp will have open sessions on the first Sunday of each month through September.
- When: First Sunday of each month 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Where: Tallahassee Indoor Sports, 130 Four Points Way, Tallahassee, FL
- Cost: First practice is always FREE! After that, boot camp is $5 per practice.
- Equipment: We will provide skates and safety equipment for you to use during practice. All participants are strongly encouraged to purchase their own gear before completion of boot camp. Make sure you bring a mouth guard and a water bottle, we can’t loan you those.
- Requirements: Open to women 18+, no experience necessary (yes, we’ll even teach you how to skate!), bring a mouth guard and a water bottle!
Join our boot camp to learn the basics of roller derby, or stop into one of our open recruitment days to see if TRG is for you. Roller derby takes determination and hard work, along with skating skills, strategies, and teamwork. We’re looking for all levels of skaters who are ready to make Tallahassee roller derby even better! If you are a woman or non-binary individual age 18+ who is willing to fall down and get back up, you can skate with us. Our boot camps are designed to teach you skating fundamentals and get you into derby form before moving on to more advanced skills (like hitting and being hit). Skilled skaters are always welcome, but being a member of our team is about what you are willing to learn, not what you already know.
Come prepared to sweat! Don’t be intimidated if you can’t skate or haven’t skated in years. We’ll do warm ups, stretching, and then get into more drills and skills. Feel free to ask questions and get to know the people you’re skating with.